Sweetwater is excited to present all of the exhibitions on our 2021 gallery schedule! We will have a wide variety of concepts and media offered this year. We hope you join us for all of our receptions, meet the artists, and spend time viewing our exhibitions. We would love to start a conversation with you!
Sweetwater Gallery will implement the following Covid-19 safety plan to ensure the health, safety, and wellbeing of gallery guests and staff.
1. All visitors and staff are required to wear masks or face coverings while in our building, no matter of vaccination status.
2. Receptions will currently be held outdoors, masks are not required.
3. Please enter and exit the gallery through the northwest staircase if there is a class in the community room. If the community room is not in use, please enter the gallery through the community room southeast staircase and exit through the northwest staircase.
4. Please be respectful of others to ensure all may view our exhibitions safely.
5. Please follow all of Sweetwater Center for the Art’s Safety procedures while in our building.
Artist Reception: Friday, September 17th, 7:00-9:00pm. Each fall Sweetwater celebrates our MAVUNO Festival of African American Art & Culture. 2021 will be our 25th anniversary of MAVUNO! The MAVUNO exhibition, First Fruit: Bring Me Your Best, is a curated collection …
Sweetwater Center for the Arts hosts a variety of juried and curated exhibitions in its gallery each season. We are committed to offering opportunities to regional, national, emerging, and accomplished artists. Annual opportunities include a solo exhibition for regional artists, an exhibition coinciding with our MAVUNO Festival of African American culture and participation in Holiday mART, our annual sale of handmade gifts.
Sweetwater’s gallery is located on the mezzanine level of Sweetwater’s Community Room with wood floors and natural lighting. The gallery has about 85 feet of wall space and has a height limitation of 7.5 feet on 2D work. Sweetwater retains 40% of gallery sales and holds the artist responsible for transport/shipment of artwork. All submission fees are non-refundable.
When you or a family member is looking to take an art class, view an exhibition, or attend a cultural event, where do you turn? If you're like most in our community, you go to Sweetwater Center for the Arts.
$1,000 Sponsors an event.
$750 Covers building operational costs, upkeep, and preservation.
$500 Provides technology updates and improvements.
$400 Aids Outreach Programs for at-risk youth and underserved communities.
$250 Sponsors a teaching artist.
$100 Supports the purchases of ceramic studio glazes and supplies.
$50 Provides one art supply package for classes and workshops.