Title: Business Assistant
Hours: 30 hours/week
Wage: Commensurate with experience Position
Includes maintaining a presence at the front desk, providing customer service, fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing customers, assisting staff and instructors as needed, assistance with online store facilitation, filing, and data entry.
• Maintain a presence at the front desk, answer phones/check voicemails, monitor and respond to emails in the general email account ([Email hidden]), and update the phone voicemail as needed;
• Ensure appropriate office coverage and update schedule as needed;
• Order and organize office and building supplies;
• Ensure efficient data entry of financial transactions in Proclass (class registration software) and Quickbooks;
• Manage and ensure accuracy of all data related to registrations, payments, and donations;
• Create mail lists and validate USPS data for mailings;
• Work directly with Proclass to resolve technical issues and augmentation of features;
• In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen closure otherwise, communicate with instructors, students, models, and evening/weekend staff regarding cancellation of class or delays;
• Record donation data and draft acknowledgment letters;
• Record membership data and send welcome packet and renewal notices;
• Ensure timely processing of online store orders;
• Retrieve and validate data from Pro class, Quickbooks, and online store
• Assist with events as needed – may require travel off-site;
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and training required; experience in non-profit required; Arts education, arts management, or arts-related degree is preferred.
• Experience with WordPress and WooCommerce preferred but not required;
• Experience with Quickbooks preferred but not required;
• Detail-oriented; organized and possess strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to multi-task and basic computer knowledge (MS Office to include MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with reliable transportation;
• Ability to prioritize, anticipate upcoming issues, initiate processes, all while managing ongoing tasks.
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com