Our campaign to raise $60k in 60 days is more than just reaching this year’s financial goals. It is an investment in the future of children and families in our community and spreading awareness of the importance of arts education in a child’s life. At Sweetwater, we thrive when our students do. Helping artists of all ages and backgrounds reach their full potential is central to our vision.
Sweetwater’s Community Arts Education Fund works to ensure that every child or adult within our region has access to high quality arts education. The world of art and culture is vital to our well-being and here at Sweetwater, we care about equality, freedom of expression, and creativity.
Does your gift really make a difference? Absolutely! Believe in the impact you can make in transforming families, neighborhoods, school districts and communities through art education and cultural experiences.
- For preschoolers, your gift means an introduction to creative self-expression through affordable class workshops like Texture, that focuses on hand-eye coordination, large and small motor skills, as well as descriptive vocabulary for discussing art.
- For children and teens, your gift means a multicultural adventure during The Creative Summer Experience, where 50% of participants receive scholarships.
- For girls living in group homes at Girl’s Hope of Pittsburgh, your gift means goal-oriented cooking activities that promote self-esteem and healthy life skills.
- For adults, your gift means free or affordable, high quality entertainment such as Sweetwater’s popular Sweet Jazz Series and the Mavuno Festival Gospel Brunch.
- For seniors, your gift means interactive art therapy sessions in a new partnership with The Parkinson’s Foundation of Western Pennsylvania.
- For low-income families, your gift means the opportunity to engage in the arts by providing scholarships to more than 400 art classes.
- For regional artists, musicians, and performers, your gift means opportunities to share their talents with diverse audiences and to sell their artwork.
For your community, your gift means supporting Sweetwater’s Community Arts Education Fund to ensure that every child or adult with our region has access to a high-quality arts education
Today begins our final push to end 2017 on a high note. With our “$60k in 60 days campaign”, it is a challenge to continue to create even more extraordinary and innovative experiences for everyone in your community throughout 2018 and beyond. Thank you for your support! We hope to see you at the Center soon!
Interim Executive Director