Sweetwater Center for the Arts (SCA), a non-profit art center located in Sewickley PA, is seeking a highly organized, energetic and motivated individual for a full-time Executive Director, reporting to the Board of Directors. The mission of SCA is to enrich the lives of children and adults in the communities we serve providing excellence in arts education and cultural programming.
The Executive Director will provide strategic direction and oversight for SCA and be responsible for meeting overall organizational and fundraising goals. The role will require the incumbent to be a high-energy, experienced, mature leader who has demonstrated skills in building strong, mutually beneficial relationships among our stakeholders. This position also includes mentoring and oversight of a staff and volunteers and establishment of a supportive and collaborative work ethic and environment. SCA is an Allegheny Regional Asset District fund recipient.
- The position works within a team environment and is responsible for ensuring strong working relationships across the arts and grantor community;
- Plays a central role in fundraising including individual donors, corporate sponsorships and writing and obtaining grants;
- Executing a strategic plan including: education and outreach goals; development of a donor engagement plan including annual giving, events, corporate and volunteer relations; establishment of a major gifts program; and execution of a technology initiative including both hardware and software;
- Financial oversight including drafting and meeting a detailed annual budget;
- Ability to create and nurture relationships with new and existing funders, as well as write and secure grants to underwrite new and ongoing initiatives and general operations;
- Serve as the primary spokesperson;
- In collaboration with staff, examining and evaluating the role art plays in the communities we serve and subsequently installing new, progressive and sustainable arts initiatives, classes and revenue streams at Sweetwater;
- Responsible in developing and executing a management plan where within two years the role of Executive Director will spend 75% of time on fundraising.
- Bold and creative thinker to lead a talented staff;
- Demonstrate good governance, financial oversight, and best non-profit management practice;
- Proven success in meeting fundraising goals and preferably a connection with the arts, grantors and corporations in western Pennsylvania;
- Must be a persuasive writer and speaker;
- Comfortable with traditional and emerging media;
- Proven leadership skills identifying profitable opportunities and growth within the communities we serve;
- Preferred demonstrated passion for the mission of arts, arts education and outreach to all communities;
- Familiar with STEAM and the maker movement;
- Experience and enjoyment in managing multiple challenging initiatives concurrently;
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and a comfort and ability to learn and incorporate new technology;
- Organization management experience of five to seven years; Valid Pennsylvania driver's license with reliable transportation.
Education: Masters of Arts Management, Non-Profit Management or Business Administration preferred.
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday; hours varies as required.
Benefits: Insurance, PTO, Holidays, and Rewards Program
Physical Demands: Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, at least two professional references that support our requirements (no phone calls please) either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Chair, Executive Director Search Committee c/o Sweetwater Center for the Arts
519 Centennial Avenue
Sewickley, PA 15143
FALL 2016 INSTRUCTORS
Sweetwater Center for the Arts, a non-profit art center located in Sewickley, PA seeks professional instructors for the fall session to teach students of various ages. Applications will be accepted from instructors working in all mediums. Instructors who focus on non-traditional and/or inter-media practices are also encouraged to apply. Applicants should be familiar with contemporary trends in art education, and previous teaching experience is required. Applicants must have Act 34/114/151 clearances.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume including two professional references, and examples of artwork via a link to website in the body of the email, or up to 5 JPEG images of artwork as an attachment.
To apply, please mail or email a cover letter and resume to Derek Reese, Education Coordinator, Sweetwater Center for the Arts, 200 Broad Street, Sewickley, PA 15143